1. Subscription(s). Access to certain Content provided by Plex or a third party may require you to enroll in a subscription(s) for a recurring period of time
as specified during order or registration (“Subscription(s)”). Subscription(s) for certain Content may also have particular access or usage requirements.
The Plex Solution will connect you to any designated login, account, or registration process.
2. Terms of Service. Subscription(s) is subject to these “Subscription(s) and Billing” terms, the Plex Terms of Service, and any other terms and conditions
imposed by the third party provider of the Content, your financial services provider, and/or your mobile carrier or internet provider. You are solely responsible for
services provider and/or mobile carrier.
Order. To enroll in a Subscription, you may be required to create an account or complete a registration process. Orders placed are not final until
confirmed by Plex.
4. Fees. The applicable fee(s) for a Subscription(s) will be specified at the time of order or when you change your Subscription.
All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by applicable taxing authorities. Any applicable discounts or promotional prices will be noted at
the time of order. Unless otherwise noted or required by applicable law, all fees are non-refundable and billed in advance for the upcoming Subscription(s) period.
No refunds or credits shall be issued for partial months, upgrade/downgrades, or nonuse. When you order a Subscription(s), you will initially be charged at the rate
applicable at the time of your initial request to subscribe. If the price of your Subscription(s) changes, we will provide you with at least thirty (30) days prior notice.
5. Billing. Following expiration of the applicable trial period, Subscription(s) is billed in advance for the identified subscription period.
In addition to any fee(s) for a Subscription(s), you agree that you are responsible for any charges (including any foreign transaction charges) that may be imposed by
credit card providers or other third parties in connection with your use of or payment for the Subscription(s). Should charges for which you are responsible fail at
the time payment is required, you may be responsible for costs associated with Plex’s efforts to collect amounts due in accordance with applicable laws.
8. Renewal. Unless otherwise noted at time of order, each Subscription(s) will renew automatically for recurring periods on or about the date the
then-current recurring Subscription(s) period expires. Such renewal will be for the same duration of the original Subscription(s) term. Please also note that Content
or the features or functionality of the Plex Solution may change for the renewal period and/or may be subject to different fees. We will provide prior notice of any
changes in advance of any renewal. Your Subscription(s) will remain in effect and continue to renew automatically until it is cancelled by you or the Terms of Service
are terminated (in accordance with their terms).
7. Cancellation. You are responsible for cancellation of any Subscription(s). But, you can cancel at any time with such cancellation effective upon expiration
of the then current Subscription(s) period. To cancel, please visit this page and make a cancellation request at least one (1) day prior to the end of your then-current
8. Law. All Subscription(s) are void where prohibited by law. These Subscriptions and Billing terms and any Subscription(s) available through the Plex Solution
shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
You may choose to provide us with certain information, such as when you create your user profile or when you use the Services.
We may also collect automatically-generated and technical information. Therefore, the information we have (“Collected Information”) may include:
1. Profile Information. You may provide us with profile information such as your e-mail address, username, a profile image, and password when you create an account,
or when you edit your account information. You may also provide us with your payment information when you sign-up for a paid service.
2. Information from External Services. If you choose to connect your account to an account of an external service, such as a social networking site
or cloud storage services, we may collect certain information from those accounts, such as your name and email address as well as data required to connect to that
service. You may provide such authorization during the connection process, or it may be implicit in the service authorization itself. For example,
if you choose to connect your Plex account to a social networking account, we may collect your public profile information if you agree to the collection of
this information during the connection process.
3. Metadata for Personal Content. Except for certain exceptions such as for Personal Cloud Content, Third-Party Control and Playback Mechanisms,
and image analysis (i.e., metadata about photos when these features are user-enabled, such as geotag information or scene recognition analysis), as described below,
we do not collect or store metadata (information about the specific file, cover art, subtitles, running length, etc.) for Personal Content stored on your personal
Plex Media Server. However, your Plex Media Server may anonymously send us filenames or other identifiers for your Personal Content for the sole purpose of
providing metadata back to your personal Plex Media Server. You may disable this metadata matching capability.
4. Metadata for Personal Content for Integration with Third-Party Control and Playback Mechanisms. We may offer integrations with Third-Party Control
and Playback Mechanisms that you may choose to use, such as Sonos, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, Zapier, SmartThings, webhooks, etc. In order to provide the integrations
with the Third-Party Control and Playback Mechanisms, we may collect Metadata for your Personal Content that is needed to integrate with the Third-Party Control
and Playback Mechanisms. For example, if you use Amazon Alexa to play a particular song or movie from among your Personal Content at your home, then our Services
may search your Personal Content in order to find and play the song or movie that you requested. Information provided by you to the Third-Party Control or Playback
5. Usage Statistics for Personal Content. We may collect usage statistics for Personal Content. This includes information about your interaction
with the Services, such as device information, duration, bit rate, media formats, resolution, and media type (music, photos, videos, etc.). Where possible,
we will generalize this information to avoid identifying your Personal Content. Usage statistics do not include specific content titles or filenames.
We may use information related to your usage to run and improve our Services, to provide, customize, and personalize communications and other content that we deliver
or offer to you.
6. Information on our Services. We may store information about your configuration or use of our Services when you create a Plex Media Server on a
local device or in the cloud, connect to a Plex Media Server that you or another person has configured, or download or connect to a Plex app, or interact with or
use other Plex software or Service. This information may include an IP address and port number(s), the name of a Plex Media Server, and information used to
secure access to our Services.
7. Information about Interfacing Software. “Interfacing Software” includes but is not limited to, plug-ins for the Services, channel plug-ins,
metadata agents, and client applications that communicate directly or indirectly with the Services. We may store copies of Interfacing Software that you provide to
Plex and that accesses or calls any software provided by Plex as part of the Services.
8. Debugging and Other Information Voluntarily Provided. You may send us logs, metadata, or other information about your devices, media,
and experiences for the purpose of resolving an issue you may have with the software or suggesting desired features. On client applications where it is possible,
we will offer the ability to opt-out of sending crash reports. If you would like to learn more about the information being sent in crash reports, we encourage you
to review the privacy policies for the third-party client applications you are using to access Plex Services. The information being sent to us will only be used to
help resolve your issue and / or improve our Services, and using our Services and provision of such information, you agree to such use by us.
9. Device Information. Like many online services, we may collect information about the devices that are used to access our Services, such as the
IP address of the device, the operating system and version of the device, the browser that you use to access a Plex web page, and the versions of the Plex
technologies being used. We may also collect location information about the devices that access our Services.
10. Application Information. When a request for information or content is sent to a Plex Media Server, we may collect an application identifier
that identifies which application sent the request. An application identifier uniquely identifies a particular copy of an application. For example,
if you download an application from Plex, fully uninstall the copy of the application, and then re-download the application from Plex, the new copy of
the application will be associated with a different application identifier than the uninstalled copy of the application. Note that simply deleting the app
without fully uninstalling may not reset the application identifier.
11. Plex Relay Service. We may provide, and you may choose to use, the Plex Relay Service to connect or stream your Personal Content to another device.
If you choose to use the Plex Relay Service, we will transfer the data necessary to perform the service. All such traffic is encrypted from end-to-end in a manner
that makes it impossible for Plex or the Plex Relay Service to decrypt or view any data. The data transferred via the Plex Relay Service is not stored by Plex except
for the temporary buffering of data required to provide you with an optimal streaming experience. You can disable the Plex Relay Service by turning off Remote Access
in your server settings.
that helps us provide our Services to you. We also use these technologies to help market our products and services to you and other customers.
For more information about these technologies and how you may control them, please see the detailed description of Tracking Technologies.
13. Obtaining Consent. If there is a change to any product or feature that we offer or have offered, and in order to use that product or feature a
your consent before such collection and / or use.
Your Collected Information. In order to view, amend, erase, or correct your Collected Information, contact Plex support. All requests will be
answered within one month of receipt.